Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The First Post

Okay here’s the thing.

Twenty and then some years ago. God had me shipped to earth.

I really didn’t have much of a choice. Mars was still being rehabilitated. Venus was a definite no. and Jupiter was overbooked. It was either earth or I postpone my coming for another one thousand years.

No way that was going to happen.

I’d already missed the gladiator fights and the roman parties. If I waited another one thousand years I’d miss playstation, beyonce, shakira and the internet. Preferences not in that order.

And so I said …fcuk it. I’ll go to earth now.

Well…I didn’t actually swear but you get my drift.

And so … I got sent to earth.

And now here I am.

This is me.

And you are about to find out a lot more about me.

My name’s Toochukwu Edward Egungwu. I thought it was a pretty bad idea for a name until I heard of a guy named Arnold Schwarzenegger or a girl called ruxkaya Stolichnaya Hu. Besides those names mine sounds unbelievably cool. I’m probably described as crazy and, to that end, I’ve got crazier friends.

Initially when I was much younger they were predominantly male. But lately the girls made a case for themselves. We found out that having female friends can be really cool. They tell us those silly things that count. cutting your finger nails. Or having lovely breadth and how to be charming. Silly stuff really. Any way..now I have both male and female friends in my click. Life’s fun around them. We do lots of fun stuff together. Occasionally drinking. Talking about our relationship problems. Why women y women are so complicated and guys is clueless

My life sounds like a riot of fun doesn’t it?

But it isn’t.

You see God threw in an irony in this my rather fun sounding life.

So here’s the other thing.

I’m Sickle celled.

And that’s complicated too...Really really...

12 comments:

shhhh said...

welcome aboard the freight liner called blogville. hope u enjoy the never ending jorney son.

Ms. Catwalq said...

wow.
welcome
Unnaked promoted u so I stopped by.
Please don't be like him and be infrequent with your posts.
One way to get comments is to go around and leave yours on others.
Bye

Mrs Somebody said...

Welcome to blogville.I'm a huge fan of UnNaked soul and I hope you'll make a fan out of me too.*wink*.

kokolette said...

Hey!!!
Welcome...it's not been long i became official too...was an observer long before that
So sickle celled huh? wow...heard it can get really tough...I am so interested...fill us in!
Welcome again!!!

Waffarian said...

Na from Unnaked blog, i carry my leg reach dis side. U do well!

Ms zee said...

hey Tochukwu... how are you doing.... i see the unnaked man pulled you into his corner... hummm.....

LG said...

Toochukwu...I lurve your intro. If you carry on like this I might have to set up home here. Welcome!

Jeff Corbin said...

Hey hey, sup toochimon. Gotta love the first man. Guess am gonna be checking up on this thing once in a while. I setup mine as well so you can go check it out when you feel the need. :)
http://fromddead.blogspot.com/

adumaadan - Blacktinkerbell said...

Welcome to blogville. Fab intro. Sickle cell can be rough would be interesting to know how you've coped so far.

Atutupoyoyo said...

Nice intro dude. Very witty. Keep the posts coming

bighead said...

who ever heard of a 25 yr old boy? not me! gud intro; keep it rolling; you're already bookmarked on my end

Thirty + said...

Welcome to Blogville